The City That Never Sleeps

The City that Never Sleeps......let's be honest it did in 2020 for a hot minute.....but usually it's the city that never sleeps and let me just tell you they come around this eating adventure a few times! 

NEW YORK is a place I want to visit as an adult so I can eat my way through it. I know that New York and Chicago have a thing about their pizzas.....this is not that kind of post! The first thing we ordered from New York was one of the BEST sandwiches I HAVE EVER HAD! I want to go there just to have them make it for me. 

Katz's Delicatessen  makes an AMAZING Reuben. Before I get to that let's do a little background on them. They have been around since 1888....It started with two brothers, and then they were bought out as they brought people on. On the Lower East side they are a staple and on Friday nights everyone would turn out for some franks and beans (what they are known for). During WWII all of the owner's sons (three of them) were serving in the war. They would send food to them with the saying "Send a Salami to Your Boy in the Army". This is just a snap of their business early on...but what a way to start. To read their whole story, you can find it here

Now onto the food! When you order everything comes packed in dry ice. EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED....meats, bread, mustard, sauerkraut, and pickles. 

In the picture you have, bread, mustard, special sauce, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, roast beef, pastrami, corned beef, whole pickles, quartered pickles, and black and white cookies. We just wanted to try ALL THE THINGS! I ain't mad about it. This fed Josh and I for days. We made different sandwiches each day.




This was our first sandwich....simple BUT delicious. As the week went on we got a little more creative. My favorite way to eat it was...bread, mustard, cheese, meat, cheese, special sauce, bread....then toasted in a pan so the cheese becomes good and melted. 



Katz's Delicatessen will not disappoint your taste buds. It was one of the best sandwiches I have ever had....I know I said it twice, but it was really good. I bet it's even better when they make it. One day I will make it there and enjoy every bite of it.

 If you want to check them out here's how: 


We did receive an email months later saying thank you for ordering because they survived the hardest parts of the pandemic from online orders. 

Until we eat again......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breakfast is a MUST

Millions of Peaches....Peaches for Free....Millions of Peaches......

Low and Slow.....KC knows how to do it!